Monday, March 20, 2017

Recycle those pop cans - flowers


I'm sharing a tutorial over at Off The Rails Scrapbooking today:

I love making my own embellishments and found that I could make some unique flowers out of pop cans.  So pick your pop can(s) of choice.  Mine just happen to be Pepsi cans.

 

Step One:
I made sure my cans were clean and dry.

Step Two:
I used a X-Acto knife to make a hole in the side of each can.  I used a pair of scissors to cut down the side of the cans…being VERY careful not to cut myself on the sharp edges as I went.



Step Three:
I cut the top and the bottom of the cans off ... it will look like this.  Discard the tops and bottoms of the cans.



Step Four:
I carefully smoothed out the middle of the pop cans and placed them on top of a Sizzix flower die that I have.  I then ran it through my Cuttlebug.  The Cuttlebug cut through the metal pop can like butter.

 
 
 
 
Step Five:
I then ran the die cut flowers through the Cuttlebug using an embossing folder.




* Again use extreme caution ... the sharp metal cans will draw blood ... I know from experience.  After die cutting the metal pop cans and embossing the flowers, the edges of the flowers are dulled and not as sharp.

I decided to use my flowers on a layout.









 

No comments:

Post a Comment