Friday, May 20, 2016

Die Cut Flowers

I'm sharing a post for the Turtle Soup May Mini Crop.  My challenge is to make a die cut flower and use it on a project.  Be sure to check out the forum for the rest of the May Mini Crop Challenges.

If you purchase flowers to add to your layouts and cards it can get expensive. And chances are you never have the right ones to match your project. Making your own flowers is an option … but there are so many tutorials out there … oh the choices!

I love making die cut flowers and I’ll share with you how I make mine.

I use my Cricut and the Flower Shoppe cartridge to cut my die cut shapes. By using a burnishing tool, a toothpick or small round dowel stick, along with some ink and a pearl or brad I add form, shape and dimension to the die cuts.



You can go from this:




... to this


 
From this ...
 
 

 
To this ...
 
 
 
I cut shapes at 2", 1 1/2", 1" and 1/2".
I rolled the edges of each shape with a toothpick.
I then inked the edges and glued the die cut shapes on top of each
other, starting with the largest and working to the smallest.
I then added a pearl or brad in the center.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment