Friday, March 18, 2016

A card and an inking tutorial

First I have a Design Team project up on the Just Imagine Crafts/Kreaxions Punches Blog today. I created the doily for this St. Patrick’s Day card by using the B Stencil, the Circle Cutter, the Kreaxions 4 in 1 punch #920 along with Positioning Parts 8CM (small). To create the short little border strip I used the Kreaxions 4 in 1 punch #905 with no insert.

 

 

 
 
Second I have a Design Team Challenge up at Turtle Soup for the March Mini Crop.
I wish I had more time to play with all my scrappy/paper crafting supplies … some day. But with the time I do have I love trying and discovering new techniques. Do you know what happens when you pair distress inks with glue … something very cool.
My challenge is to use ink on your project.  Play around and have fun!

I applied two colors of Distress Ink (Broken China & Dusty Concord)
to my tag using an ink blending tool.



When the ink was dry I squeezed some Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue on top of the tag.
 
 

Next I smeared the glue around with my finger … the messy part.



Let the glue dry completely. I did not use my heat gun because I was afraid the glue would blister. After the glue dried completely I applied another layer of Distress Ink (Bundled Sage).


After I applied the ink, I wiped away the excess ink which pooled on
the glued areas (it won't dry on the glue).
 
 
Embellish and you’re done!
 
I'm lovin these fun little spring tags!
 


 

 

2 comments: