Tuesday, February 2, 2016

TTT at Turtle Soup 2/2

I’m sharing the TTT (Tools, Tips & Techniques) on Turtle Soup today with a challenge. Check out the Turtle Soup Forum for the challenge details.

I Love this photo of Gracelynn in her cowgirl boots. I knew I wanted to create a page for this photo that was “soft” so I was thinking water colours. There is just something about creating your own custom background paper with paint … the possibilities are endless.

 
 
The only problem was I didn’t have any pastel water colours. But I did have some Acrylic paint that I got at Hobby Lobby on sale for 34 cents a bottle. I just watered down the acrylic paint, loaded my foam brush with each colour and lots of water and allowed the paint to drip down the paper. I was in a hurry to see my finished product so after I applied each colour I dried it with a heat gun.

 
 
Using a stencil and some super heavy Gesso I added some texture to the page.   

 
 
 
 
I kept this page fairly simply and just added a few embellishments and some Prima Flowers.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments: