Saturday, March 7, 2015

Old books and a tag

I LOVE Tim Holtz supplies and have been stockpiling them … thinking that one day I’d have enough time to play with them. I finally decided that unless I just set my mind to it and put some time aside it was not going to happen. So last weekend I viewed the Tim Holtz Blog and got some ideas. I worked on this tag a little every day this past week (oh how I hate drying time).  Needless to say I had so much fun making this project! All the inking, painting and distressing was so satisfying … it was the creation process that gave me the most pleasure, not the results.
I picked up 3 old books at a thrift store for 30 cents (what a bargain) and tore off the covers. I placed the tag on the top book and wrapped the books in about ten cents worth of twine. Lovin this little home décor project!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful work.. amazing colour combo BL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the end result and such a great decorating idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tag Joan! I love Tim Holtz's products too!! BL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my I am loving this!! Isn't Tim just amazing!! Loves- Madge BL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous tag and I must admit I horde Tim Holtz too ;-) I bought an old book (1800's) at the Country Living Fair last year that was done up like that with all sorts of stuff stuck through out the pages. I haven't got the nerve up yet to undo the wiring...they used that instead of twine and see what all is in it because it is just to pretty to out...maybe one day ;-)

    Your BL friend Tonya :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cool! Are you doing something crafty with the covers? BL

    ReplyDelete