Monday, February 16, 2015

TTT/Word Clouds

Today I have the Tuesday Tools, Tips and Technique Challenge at Turtle Soup.  My challenge is to create a card, layout, tag, ATC or altered project with the focus being on "words".  Be sure to check out the details in the Turtle Soup forum.

Word Clouds - I love them! 
A word cloud is a graphical representation of word frequency. I have found several sites where you can make these and have tried several times to no avail. Sometimes I can be a little technologically challenged.  I came across a site (A Turn To Learn) that has the best tutorial (July 24,2012). She spells everything out step by step.  I found the Tagxedo site easy to use and if I can do it anyone can do it lol!

On one of our trips to FL we took a small detour and stopped at Antique Archeology in Nashville, TN.  We purchased this wonderful old typewriter. And the best part was that we happened to see the episode of American Pickers where Mike and Frank had picked it.  As soon as we purchased it I knew what I wanted to do with it ... and almost a year later ... I added the word cloud.






I try to come up with inexpensive teacher gifts for the grandsons to give their teachers every month.  With some frames from the dollar store and the Tagxedo program I came up with this month's gifts.  I chose the rectangular shape and used 10 words that I thought described a teacher best for this word cloud.  I loved the way it turned out.





7 comments:

  1. This is such a cool idea! Love what you did with the antique typewriter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great find! I love the vintage typewriter and the word cloud is super cool too!

    Your BL friend Tonya :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your antique typewriter! Wonderful word clouds, too. Beautiful project!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! Fantastic project!! BL

    ReplyDelete